a-wave AAWCD020 (2018)
A wonderful mix of System 7 and Mirror System beats, vibes and styles - from the irresistable dance-floor filler, 'And Justice Killed', to the transcendental, 'Golden Mission' and all points in between. Didgipak with a four page booklet.
- Mirror System - First Wave (110bpm) - a beguiling and interweaving chord sequence that climbs like an endless ladder, lifting us up to the high plateau of Cafe Seven.
- System 7 - Big Summit (124bpm) - a pounding dancefloor groove containing tribal elements from our early System 7 classic 'Depth Disco' and memories from the amazing 2017 Solar Eclipse festival in Oregon USA.
- Sudo - Sensation (System 7 Remix) (127bpm) - our remix of one of our favourite recent tracks. The original was made by our long-time Japanese friends the Sudo brothers (Takashi and Isao Sudo) and released in 2015 on Dubfire's label SCI+TEC.
- Mirror System and Ajja - Smooth Operator (110bpm) - Ajja sent us the first idea for this track, saying he was inspired by our Mirror System performance in the Chill Out Dome at the 2016 Ozora festival in Hungary. We worked on it over the last year gradually building the full Mirror System effect.
- System 7 - A Smuggler and a Juggler (In the Biz) (118bpm) - a fat and bouncy tech house groove with dreamy effects and psychedelic guitar.
- System 7 and Marcus Henriksson - Million Suns (132bpm) - a collaboration with Marcus Henriksson, formerly one half of Minilogue and Son Kite with whom System 7 have collaborated before on several releases. We performed a live jam with Marcus as part of our System 7 set at the 2017 Solar Eclipse festival in Oregon USA, and 'Million Suns' is based on one of the ideas from that - a deep gliding journey of dreamy techno.
- Joujouka - And Justice Killed (System 7 Remix) (135bpm) - our remix of a big track from Japanese techno-trance artists Joujouka (Tsuyoshi Suzuki and Funky Gong), with whom we have played at many events and festivals in Japan. This has already been a highlight of our System 7 live set for a couple of years.
- Mirror System - Elektra (114bpm) - blending psychedelic bubbles with an extra-large sized electro groove, featuring superb Middle-Eastern scaled keyboard lines from Miquette and some wistful guitar from Steve.
- The Delia Derbyshire Appreciation Society - Cloudface (Mirror System Remix) (58bpm) - Our Mirror System remix from these acclaimed Six Degrees records artists Garry Hughes and Harvey Jones. All the ingredients of our chillout sound are present, fitting around a big deep bass line. This track features a guitar solo played on the Moog guitar, kindly provided by Moog Sound Lab UK.
- Mirror System - Golden Mission (69bpm - no beats) - A final no-beats trip to the stars featuring another major Moog guitar solo and a synth part recorded at the Moog Sound Lab itself. This track was originally composed as an intro for a special closing set at Boom Festival 2010.
- Mirror System : First Wave (110bpm)
- System 7 : Big Summit (124bpm)
- Sudo : Sensation (System 7 Remix - 127bpm)
- Mirror System and Ajja : Smooth Operator (110bpm)
- System 7 : A Smuggler and a Juggler (In the Biz - 118bpm)
- System 7 and Marcus Henriksson : Million Suns (132bpm)
- Joujouka : And Justice Killed (System 7 Remix - 135bpm)
- Mirror System : Elektra (114bpm)
- The Delia Derbyshire Appreciation Society : Cloudface (Mirror System Remix - 58bpm)
- Mirror System : Golden Mission (69bpm - no beats)
- Steve Hillage & Miquette Giraudy