- what are cookies?
- Although we try to minimise the number of cookies on the site, cookies are in use for a variety of reasons. In most cases there are no options for disabling cookies without disabling the functionality they provide. If you are not sure whether you need them or not it is recommended that you accept all cookies, in case they provide a service that you use.
- disabling cookies
- You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser (see its 'Help' menu or settings for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and other websites you visit, and will usually disable certain functionality and features.
- how cookies may be used
- account cookies
- login cookies
- This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered, and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed or unsubscribed users.
- shopping and payments
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that the server can process it properly. ex: Mal's e‑commerce | Paypal
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- site preferences
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site may provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences the site would need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- third party cookies
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is one of the most widely used and trusted analytics solutions for helping to understand how visitors use a website, and may track things such as time spent on the site and pages visited. ex: Google Analytics | DoubleClick
- site performance and security
- testing; one, two
- From time to time we may test new features and make changes to the way that the site is delivered. When testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience, while ensuring we understand which features our users appreciate the most.
- Social media and other content providers will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies, which we encourage you to search out and read. ex: Youtube | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | etc.
If you aren't sure whether you need cookies or not it's usually safer to accept them so you have access to all the features on the websites you visit.